Sunday, January 9, 2011

The New Year and catching up!!

First and foremost.... Look what I got for Christmas!!! My dream came true on December 24th. Roger took me out to our "Hobby Shop" and there it was all set up for me. While we were gone to Midland, Texas. He had given the keys to the Bernina shop here in Farmington and they came and set this up. I have done a couple of table toppers on it and now this bigger quilt. I am not a pro yet, but getting the hang of Long Arm quilting!! What a shocking surprise!! Thank you so much my dear, sweet Roger!!

This is a quilt that I made for our granddaughter Tyghelyn. She can cuddle up in it or play paper dolls. Hope you have fun, Tyghelyn!!
Here is the quilt for Hunter. As you might guess, he is a Steeler's fan. I quilted this on my machine before I had my long arm. It was a work of love for Hunter!!
These are the blocks that I received for my birthday from my Idaho quilt group. I finished the top some time ago and couldn't decide on the border. I love how the border turned out. This is the FIRST project done on my Long Arm Quilter.
Our neighbor next door had purchased a guitar from Goodwill for his grandson. He refinished it and needed a guitar case for it. This is the guitar case; front and back. I made it from Denim fabric and lined it with flannel. I also made a picket for his instruction book and tuner. A fun project!

This is the table topper I put together while at our Fall retreat. I was a little concerned about the flying geese blocks, because of the bias cut, they drew in. I was pleased to find that after quilting it on my long arm, it turned out great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment