Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Another Quilty thing

I finished this wall hanging a couple of weeks ago. It is from Lori Holt's "Comforts of Home" She gives so much detail on her applique. I will definitely do more of her stuff. I personalized it just for us. The house number is ours and if you look closely at the tree there is a special carving. :o) I learned an applique trick from a sweet lady in our quilt group. Thank you, Julie for teaching us how to use glue and freezer paper to make the perfect applique!! I and stitched all of the pieces. The border is flying geese. I really like the versatility of placing flying geese in different ways to achieve and awesome border. The quilting is free motion. I should have used a same color thread. Oh well, shoulda, coulda. It's done and I am mostly satisfied with it..... This will hang above our bed in our bedroom.

2 comments:

  1. Susan, can you possibly change the color of the printing on your blog. It comes across so light I cannot read it. Thanks for checking it out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kaye. I think it is fixed now. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete